Yesterday, I finally succumbed to the “monster” as some would call Apple, and I bought an iPhone 4 on Verizon. I decided to stay with Apple instead of changing over to Android because I had an iPod Touch previously and could keep all of my apps/music/videos/podcasts/photos.. you get the picture. As a new member of the iPhone craze, I am in love with my phone. I never thought I’d like to be “connected” to everything all the time, but as it turns out, I greatly enjoy it. Here is a list of the 5 reasons why I love my iPhone.
1. The Messaging Platform: Unlike regular phones, iPhones and Android phones have a chat-like messaging platform. Instead of scrolling through hundreds of texts from different people, I can clearly see the conversation I am having with specific people. Also, there is no forseeable end to my text storage. I can store thousands of texts without receiving an “Inbox 80% Full” message.
2. My Social Apps: WordPress, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram.. need I say more? Through all of these apps, I can constantly update/be updated on the world around me. No need to wait to be by a computer to receive my information, nor I have to type in URL’s in Safari.
3. The Camera: I have never owned an actual digital camera. On my trip to Paris in eleventh grade, I took a disposable. On my trip to Paris last year, I took my sister’s camera. I extracted 948 pictures from my last phone (enV3), and the more pictures I took with that phone, the slower it was, not to mention it took forever to load the pictures and they weren’t even that big. Once again, there is no forseeable end to the picture storage on this phone (unless, however, you go over your GB limit, which could be a potential problem). I also love that I can FaceTime and turn the camera to face me! Very clever!
4. Game Center: I don’t use this application much for it’s intended purpose (which I’m assuming is to collect the rewards and connect with friends). However, the Game Center apps are usually the best ones! I am a proud owner of Angry Birds, Angry Birds Rio, Dino Rush, Slice It!, Logic Box, Doodle Jump, Cut the Rope, Solitaire, Fruit Ninja, Crossword, and a few others.
5. It’s Beauty/Features: You guys have to agree: the iPhone 4 is beautiful. If you’re not in love with the retina display (which I obviously am), you have to love multi-tasking, HD video capability, LED flash, AirPrint, AirPlay, the flipping Keyboard, iPod capability, gyroscope technology and eReader capability. I love them all!
All in all, it’s quite obvious that I am in awe with my phone. Thank you, Apple, for providing me with a big distraction of social networking, music, and the internet in my pocket.