Social media videos — script writing (new Climate Central project) as of September 2017:
- Breathing Fire (November 2017)
- What scares you the most about climate change? (October 2017)
- Future sea level rise in Florida (October 2017)
- Sea level rise in New York City (October 2017)
- Wildfires have been burning across the U.S. all summer (and fall) (October 2017)
- Hurricane #Nate impacts the U.S. (October 2017)
Featured blogger posts:
- Nautilus Magazine – “The Great Outdoors: #SparkofScience” (March 2016)
- Wilderness Society – “Guest blogger to internet generation: go beyond social sharing to help wildlands” (April 2015)
- Wilderness Society – “Why getting kids outdoors matters to the future of wildlands” (January 2015)
- National Parks Traveler repackaged and posted my millennials in the wilderness post (October/November 2014)
- “Get to work!: accessories that help you stay on task,” March/April 2015 iPhone Life Magazine, page 41-43.
- “How to Pack a Backpack Efficiently” (story and photos), February 2015, Backpacker
- “Vegan Hiking Boots,” February 2015, Backpacker
- “Hot Springs Hikes,” January 2015, Backpacker
- “Stretches for Hikers” (story and photos), January 2015, Backpacker
- “Stay green all year long: 8 free apps for the environmentally conscious,” January/February 2015 iPhone Life Magazine, page 56.
University of Montana news stories:
- “Avalanche fatalities rising; snowmobilers and skiers affected,” Montana Kaimin, 10/21/13 (won a SPJ Mark of Excellence Award for General News Reporting)
- “Citizen scientists help with plant collection at Metcalf Wildlife Refuge,” ConserveMontana.org, 1/14
- “Environmental entrepreneur Mark Vander Meer takes on poplars,” ConserveMontana.org, 3/12/14
- “From moths to music: Life for PhD biologist isn’t all science,” Montana Kaimin, 4/29/14
Backpacker Magazine internship online news stories from summer 2014:
- “The 10 Most Useful Backpacking Knots” (Held the top spot for page-views on whole Backpacker website with 100,000 views from early July to early August)
- “Best Lighthouse Hikes in the US“
- “Best Beach Campsites in North America“
- “Best Stargazing Spots in the US“
- “Hiker, Grizzly Have a Near-Miss in Glacier“
- “Fire Restrictions Possible for Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks“
Check out my Pressfolios site!
Also, check out my Medium site.